Thursday, January 29, 2009

USE FORUMS: BOOST YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC

7:54 PM by Tushar Agarwal ·
Labels: ,

I have waited for three weeks to write a post on this topic. The reason is I wanted to make sure that this really works. I had heard that this technique is very effective and put into use on just one forum with a high PR. And I really found a good increase in my number of visitors. My hit counter ran faster than what I expected it to run.

Forums are the best way to get traffic for a new blogger. For a blog to survive and make its mark, all it need is traffic, targeted traffic. Visitors come to your blog regularly; only then your blog can be a success. Choose a forum of your blog niche, register there and participate regularly. I had a bit idea of blogging, so I straight away went with this technique are results have been positive. I have got 85 visitors in 20 days which is not bad going by the standards I set for myself.

I registered in many forums but mainly I was active at TALKGOLD. This is a good forum for money talks and discussion about various HYIPs and money making programs, GPTs etc. It also has a good PR and Alexa Rank. I am an old member of this forum and active since last few days. I used my blog address in my signature with a small tagline. It appears every time I post a reply and my signature is displayed to everyone out there. I think 3 out of every 10 who see my signature will come to my blog. And its a good conversion rate.

Few things you should never forget-
1. Try to post at least 5 topics per day. This should be your minimum target.
2. Never keep the font of your signature too big. It should be big enough to catch attention. For best results, use font size 2 with a centre align.
3. Do not register in too many forums together. You won’t be able to participate in all of them together. Go slow but steadily. Keep track of your time and register after making a rough estimate of how much time you have for this activity. On an average, 20 minutes for every forum is enough.
4. Remember, CONTENT IS KING. Nobody will visit your blog regularly if you won’t write high quality posts. Your posts should be YOURS. Do not cut and paste other’s thoughts in your blog.


Try this technique once, be active on the forum you choose and there is no reason you won’t succeed. High quality traffic will come to your blog.