Tuesday, January 13, 2009

INDIA: THE LAND OF DREAMS

5:00 PM by Tushar Agarwal ·
Labels: ,

In my previous post, Happy New Year 2009, I talked about dreams. You may think that I am a big dreamer and good in writing lines rather than convert into actions. I was kind of this until 18.
I was in first year of college. There I met a boy (can’t tell his name, I apologise). One night, during dinner, he asked me my aim. To be frank, I was confused. I didn’t know where I was going, what was my destiny. I knew nothing about me. But instead of being true to him, I said that I just want to be a good son, husband and father. I just want to be like others and as I am not different from others. You and I are same. When he heard this, he stared at me for a moment and then what he replied took me aback. He said- “Tushar, if you are comparing yourself with others, you are insulting yourself.” I was really amazed at what he said (Later I came to know these lines were said by Hitler). I started reading inspirational books and biographies of great personalities.

And this changed me. Today, I am a changed man. I have a dream, a mission for which I am living. I just do not want to get lost in the crowd. I want to be different and someone whom this world remembers for a long time.

India is a country where you get every opportunity to realize your dreams. Here, each and every person has a dream, big or small, but they have it. Something for which they live and achieving it give them the happiness beyond anything else. And realizing those dreams is a tough task for those who give up early. Here people pose every challenge they can in your way and only those can survive who are tough and gutsy enough.

I believe everyone born here is blessed with a gift which is just for him and make him strong enough to survive in this land.

I am proud to be an INDIAN.

1 comments:

workhard said...
July 31, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Great post.. Will return to read more of your articles..

Work from home

Post a Comment